08 June 2011

Nightmare to Trump All Nightmares

You know that episode of Little house on the Prairie where Laura plays that mean trick on Nellie and locks her in the basement and then rolls a mannequin head down the stairs to frighten them? Well, that episode gave 7-year-old me the worst nightmare I have had to date. Until last night.

Caitlin and I were at a Knicks game. Max was still only a few months old, so he was asleep in his car seat on the stairs next to us. The lights went down for the introduction to the game and player announcements. When the lights came up I checked on Max and he had been KIDNAPPED! I went completely berserk in my dream - running around frantically to security, Caitlin, wailing, falling to the floor in hysterics. Unfortunately, I remained asleep for a long time in this dream and the entire time I was frantic. At one point some people were joking about something and I went insane on them and then completely broke down on the floor. Caitlin came up and begged me to get it together and I promised that for her I would.

At that point I woke up to a completely soaked shirt from tears. Caitlin amazingly stayed asleep because I'm sure I was howling out loud. When I told her about the dream she said, "Yeah, that's basically how you would react if it happened." It's true. I would lose all control. Of course I have this dream the night before Max leaves me for more than two weeks in Idaho. Thankfully he is in good hands...but geeez.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Sad :( You probably dreamed that cause he is leaving. I have had similar dreams and nothing is worse!!

Liz Jessop Wortley said...

That is so sad! Sounds like one of my typical dreams ... I'm such a worry wart, that most of my dreams I am frantically trying to find something or get somewhere. Luckily, Liam hasn't been kidnapped yet, but soon enough I'm sure I'll have a dream like that too. Hope you can survive Florida alone for 2 weeks. When are we going to see you guys again?

Brittany said...

That is the worst dream ever! I hate when I have dreams like that, and you wake up feeling sad. Like the other day I had a dream Tyler was having an affair with my sister-in-law. It sucked and I woke up feeling super upset. Blah... so happy Max hasn't been kidnapped.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Yeah, I would be sad if Tyler was having an affair with his sister too...because that is gross.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Oh Liz...maybe in the fall?