05 May 2011

Stuffin' My Fat Face

"Happy Easter," I said as I woke up to another beautiful Savannah morning. The weather had been stunning, and Easter looked to be no exception. We took it chill getting ready because we really had no concrete plans until lunch. We started with breakfast.


It was a B&B after all, right? Eggs Benedict!


The cook (and owner and hostess and etc) did an amazing job. It was scrump diddly. Caitlin was just overjoyed to see it without glasses or contacts thanks to her LASIK surgery just three days earlier. That alone put a smile on her face all weekend.


Then we went out for a leisurely stroll in the streets. People said happy Easter to us everywhere we went and as they came and went to church. It almost made us feel like we went to church...


It was so quiet and peaceful out. It was a great time to talk and take advantage of some uninterrupted conversation without Max.


But after a while we only wanted one thing...Lady and Sons. I had fortuitously made reservations months in advance for Sunday brunch at Paula Deans southern restaurant. On Sunday they have an all you can eat southern food buffet. Yeah, thus the line.


This brought forth the resurrection of my hunger!!! Creamed corn??? Collard greens with so much butter it's like they were squozen straight from an udder??? MAC AND CHEESE!


If you touch my food, I will send you to your maker!


Does Caitlin like yams and mashed potatoes and everything else? Oh yes she does. Well, not the ham though. I liked the ham but I loved the fried chicken. That was the money meat of the meal.


Jeff round two.


WHAT? Jeff round three. I don't have a picture of dessert...that's cause I could barely lift my arms over and around my stomach.


And then we had to say farewell to Savannah. Our precious baby boy was waiting for our return...as was Pam. We had begun to miss him fiercely. Though, come to find out, he didn't miss us too much. He had waaaaaaay to much fun with grandma. They pooled, they played, they partied and he got everything he wanted all the time. Who needs parents?

Thanks mom for giving us a fantastic weekend away together. You are loved.

2 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

what a fun get away! will there be a little girl in the future named Savannah!? :)

Side of Jeffrey said...

I was thinking maybe we'd name her "moss"