02 December 2010

Birthdays Cause Some Serious Reactions From Beef

Mr. Feef. It was your birthday on November 18th. Because we love you, we flew you to us to enjoy the passing of your years in style. Your sister Beef came into town...again, because of the love. Can you handle all this love?


Cake. One candle for every 16 years of your life. This is basically your second sweet 16 if you think about it. Kind of awesome. Your cake was of the carrot variety.


But what you really desire is coconut cream pie, so ccat made that for you from scratch. Such love.


Contemplate those years my brother, but feel no shame or concern. You are aging much better than I am.


This night is where all the preciousness starts, with the blowing out of those two candles. Let the fun begin.


Woke up on the 19th to this pretty picture...beef trying to get someone to sub for her teaching at church.


This is the first of a long series of photos that I am entitling "action shots: a look into the emotions of a Beef.". I wish I had written down what she was reacting too, but it might be more fun for you to make up a story. For example, maybe she was reacting to having just fallen down on the couch. Maybe opts the relief of a long needed poo. Who knows...what fun!


For lunch we went to Hot Doug's. You've heard about this place on every book and travel show about Chicago. No more explanation needed.


Reaction Shot #2


Reaction Shot #3


Max's reaction (Reaction Shot #4) to Reaction Shot #3. I think his reaction was WTFrizzoodles aunty beef?


The sobs, straight kickin' it and having a good time before getting fat on dogs.


Reaction Shot #5: I like you guys. You're funny.


Stephen and I both chose to have the amazing special, the Tracy Reed. The sesame seaweed salad on this was an amazing touch...it popped in your mouth and complimented the sausage awesomely.


See what I mean? Fries to boot!


Caitlin rocked two veggie dogs. When she asked Doug the owner what goes well on the veggie dogs, he replied "meat.". Exactly.


I love taking max places because the restaurant falls in love with him and he behaves so well. You rock my dude.


The crew (sans Caitlin who is taking most of these pictures). Love my peeps, love my hot dog.


Most of our vacation was spent trying to get shell off my iPad. I know, it is addicting and so darn useful!


Max's favorite toys usually involve some sort of packaging...like ketchup packets. He also is a huge fan of soy sauce packets. They are just squishy fun! Max, I feel the same way about your face dude.


Reaction Shot #6: Can you feel the anger tonight? I think I was threatened here. And It certainly wouldn't be the last time on this trip...

We will continue our journey on the next post.

No comments: