30 October 2008

The Constant Status of Learning

I am in college again. This means I am in a constant state of learning. Constant. (as a quick side note, I would like to report that I made my statistics post from a few days ago come true). With that in mind, we are constantly having people come to campus to talk to us about the "real world." The real world - it seems so magical.

Today we listened to someone talk to us about doing marketing for non-profit organizations. I kept thinking, "I wonder if there is a non-profit organization that supports all those starving artists out there who just want to make horror movies for a living. We brainstormed favorite non-profits, but none like that came up. Oh well.

It seems like non-profit has come up a lot recently (possibly because no one is making profit these days, even businesses?) My friend Erin mentioned something regarding CIGNA that she has been working on. They put up this game online for their Why Water campaign. Answer 3 correct questions and you provide clean water to a needy child for a day. GAME HERE. I can support something as easy as that...even amidst my many homework responsibilities. Besides, I can support any cause that makes Collin a star!

No comments: