25 July 2011

Taco Truck to Trump All Taco Trucks

If this looks like a food truck - that's cause it is dude. My boy Alex from Mexico purchased this bad boy for what is the most insanely cheap price I have ever heard. Then he worked his butt of and turned it into the most bad crazy mother of a taco truck that this world may ever see. Look inside this thing. Are you blown away by all the chrome like I was blown away? Walking in here was like walking in the kitchen of a five star restaurant. I began to imagine the things he'd be making in here, and I started to salivate so much I had to leave the truck so I wouldn't salivate all over the floor.Steaks are going to get their butts cooked on this thing. Its a mean, green, taco machine. I can't wait until this bad-boy hits the streets.But fortunately for me and a few other guests, we didn't have to wait to sample some of the goodness. Alex invited us over because he wanted some feedback on his veggies and fish tacos. There was no question that his asado, al pastor and other meat tacos would be off the hook, but he hadn't dabbled to much in veggies. He had prepared his delicious salsas that would be available at his truck. Its one of the many secrets to his skills. I LOVE his and Leslie's salsas.
Chef in action. He'll be cooking out of the truck soon, but for now he was just working on recipes. One thing that I loved about Alex's tacos were some of the seasoned taco shells he used. It blew my socks off.Caitlin waited anxiously. This was a night dedicated to veggie tacos - so in a way it was a night dedicated to her dreams.Alex not only has cooking chops - but also baby making chops. He just had a daughter who waited patiently as well for food along with her best buddy Colette.Here the master chef teaches us how to put together the best shrimp taco that man has ever tasted. I will tell you now - no shrimp taco is as good as Alex's. You know what else he does better than anyone else? White onions. I nearly ate a plain onion on its own.
I think Alex's taco truck is going to be mad successful. He's a smart dude with a great business plan and cooking chops to boot. Seriously - a force to be reckoned with in the food truck industry of South Florida - and possibly the world. Thanks for an amazing night dude!
More to come on his truck once it launches.

2 comments:

Bek said...

i met them, i met them! and i shall come back. for maxers. and tacos. and farts.

Bek said...

and to choose my shoes.