08 July 2011

Stuff That Fat Face!

Finally...the food. For those who haven't cruised (like me prior to this trip), food is probably the thing that intrigues you the most. I was always hearing reports of buffets, ice cream at 2am, crazy meals, and disease. I am here to report that it is all true. Non-stop eating is a major theme to cruising. While not always amazing, it's always there. Calling your name and begging you to put it in your mouth.


Like me here, stuffing breakfast into my mouth. Each morning we would get up to a buffet of fruit, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurts, oatmeal, etc, etc, etc.


A typical meal for me was this...except I'd go back for seconds and maybe thirds.


Our family found a secluded table up on the second floor of one of the many dining rooms. It soon became our table and it was a place we would find each other throughout the day...stuffing our faces with lunch or snacks or whatever. It is also where we played games.


Snacking. You'd think with three buffets day one wouldn't need to snack. Wrong.


Occasionally you just had to get a pizza and some ice cream. And by occasionally I mean 2-3 times a day. Or maybe chicken fingers and fries.


Ice cream.


Ice cream!!!


PIZZA!!!! You can see us getting fatter in each picture.


Except Stephoin...he always seemed nice and healthy.


The dining room by far far was the highlight of food for me. Charles, our phillipino waiter, did an amazing job making us laugh and keeping us full. We gave him great praise. If we even mentioned wanting something to another family member he would somehow hear it and have it on our plate in seconds. The food here was the best. We all had some great meals.


And good times...let's not forget about good times.


Look how much fun we're having! They even had fantastic vegetarian options to boot.


But most importantly, they had warm chocolate molten cake...or WCMC as we began to call it. I had one every single day of that cruise. I want one now.


We also celebrated Big D's 60th birthday party, which was amazing. I can't believe my dad is 60. The man is way to youthful at heart.


Happy b day Big D!


The original Mulcocks. Love us, forgive us, send us joy.


The girls in matching Banana Republic shirts bought at the biggest outlet mall in the world...Fort Lauderdale.


On Friday night the boys went out to the stake restaurant for an additional fee. I am not sure why I thought this would be a good idea, but I just figured we would be tired of our normal dinner. Turns out we had a great time bonding.


What is said at Scarlett's Stakehouse stays at Scarlett's Stakehouse. No exceptions.

7lbs later, we made it back home. Cruising is amazing, and something I definitely want to do again in a few years (cause that is how long it will take me to lose the weight gained from this one). I feel fortunate that our family got to spend an entire week together enjoying relaxation, food and family. By the time it was over I was nearly desperate to see Max again...which is my next post or two.

2 comments:

Heather said...

We totally ate that chocolate molten cake every single day too. Glad you guys had such a great time.

Jana said...

I want a WCMC right now as well. Did you give a shout out to baby Scarlett Atwood when you were eating at her steakhouse?
Looks amazing- I can't wait to go on a cruise someday.