27 July 2011

Just Loungin'

Time for a Max update. This blog needs those from time to time because I usually focus on me, me and more me. But honestly, the KID is the greatest thing on earth and more time should be devoted to his adoration.

Lately this kid has completely embraced the lifestyle of living in South Florida and spends most of the day just kickin' it, loungin' cold maxin' and relaxin', takin' it easy style. Here is some photographic evidence.Any time he can find a curb or short bench, he has to take a sit. Here we are just chillin on the curb by some "boonyas".
Usually people go to Costco to buy mass quantities of food product and sundries. Max, on the other hand, goes to take a rest from his normal daily activities. Recently he found this gigantic bear and decided it would become his permanent bean bag - giving it kisses and hugs.Food time - one leg up at the dinner table. While it appears that he has no manners, this kid really does. He now says "please" when he wants something and "thank you" when you give it to him. He also says "scuse me" when passing and "help" when he needs something instead of getting upset. Amazing.He loves to spend time in his wagon getting pulled around, preferably in a water park where he can cool off from the heat.Food time is a time to not do much eating, but a lot of ticking us off. Okay, maybe not so much, but he really doesn't eat. This was Caitlin's recent attempt to get him to try, to EAT, anything. Bird shaped pancakes with peanut butter, chicken nuggets, pudding, yogurt, peas and corn, ANYTHING!Finally, walking. While Max is hardcore walkin' all day, sometimes he just needs to take a break and rest of my shoulders. Don't call him lazy - call him lucky.

The kid is blowing our minds these days with cuteness.

4 comments:

jos said...

oh how i feel your pain with the "eating" picture. I walk back and forth to the microwave trying 6 different things each meal time. It gets so frustrating. Hang in there.

Heather said...

I love the pictures of Max lounging. He clearly is happy in Florida. Of course, that boy would be happy anywhere.

Brittany said...

I love him. Also, every time we sang a song on our trip this week, whether it was "wheels on the bus", "slippery fish" or "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer", Owen insisted on putting Kikimac in the song. He loves you guys. Don't ever leave.

McKenzie said...

I can attest to Max's manners. In nursery on sunday he was the only one to say please and thank you during snack time. Good job parents!
I keep forgetting that you have a blog until I see a comment on the Rhodes blog. I'm adding you to my list right now.