08 March 2011

Orlando Part 2

Let me fill your heart with jealousy. Did I mention that there was basically no one at Universal Studios the day we went? Everything was in our favor. First, we went on a Sunday. This makes a big impact in Orlando since most people are flying in from other areas and tend to fly in and out on Sunday...thus not attending the parks. Additionally, it was the off season. This meant that the girls never waited more than 10-15 minutes to get on the most popular rides. The Harry Potter ride, for example, usually runs about two hours to get in. Boo yah.While they rode the Jurassic Park water ride, Max and I kicked it at the play ground. Max climbed around everything he could get on.
He loves to go through tunnels.
Sorry, did I say loves? I forgot to capitalize that. He LOVES to go through tunnels.
After that ride the girls had been on every ride and roller coaster that park had to offer. So we took in some entertainment, including these Harry Potter dorks.
We bought Butter Beer, which is really just a delicious, frothy drink that tastes like cream soda with real cream on top.
Did Max like Butter Beer? Wouldn't you? QUIT JUDGING US AS PARENTS!!!
More stores, more candy. We were able to withstand getting sucked in by all the gimmicks...but we still wanted them.
I mean, look at all the candy!
We spent an hour collectively entertaining Max, and sometimes scaring him. He was pretty cool with Thing 1 and Thing 2 and the action shot we took.
But I think we permanently scarred him with this yellow dude. Not sure what the difference is, but he was freakin' frightened by this guy.
He also didn't feel comfortable with this gigantic lollipop...or at least the way I was suggestively licking it.
But he was VERY COOL with going on the Merry-Go-Round. We went on it several times he loved it so much. Look at that face. He couldn't get enough.

What a lucky kid this one.
Then we watched the Sindbad Show...which I think was a big trick. I expected to see Sinbad the Comedian up there. Instead it was some Arabian nights shiz. Where is my comedy? Where was Sinbad? (secret: Bek has a crush on the real Sinbad)
Since we didn't get Sinbad, we just played with Max and fed him and loved him. Aunt Bek can't get enough Mittoo. She really can't. (secret #2: Bek's glasses are prescription! Awesome!)
Mittoo...why oos so lucky time guy?
And at that point, with one hour before closing time, the girls were done. But they had one more thing to accomplish before we could go to our "preferred parking space" and drive away.
Yep. Funnel cake and Cinnabons. If you know Caitlin (or Mala, or Bek), you knew this was coming.
While we waited for our treats Max and I danced to the music on the intercom. I love the way Max raises the roof when he dances.
Funnel cake delivered as we expected it to. Oh, SURPRISE! Max likes funnel cake too. Bet you didn't see that coming.
Meanwhile, I was busy having an affair with my refillable Diet Coke bottle. I think we refilled this mother like 9 times in 3 hours.
Bek doesn't know how to work the Diet Coke like I know how to work it...but she sure tried her best.
And with that our day was over. We drove all the way back to Fort Lauderdale and Max was a champ in his car seat the whole way home. We asked spicy questions and got down to the nitty gritty of life. That's what road trips do - they bring us all close together. Success Orlando.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I want to go to there. Really... why haven't we hit that up yet?

Bek said...

oh my gosh. if this was my groundhog's day, i would never ever ever complain again.

Liz Jessop Wortley said...

JEALOUS! It is like my dream in life to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I'm glad Max is starting out early on the Harry Potter stuff ... especially the butter beer.

Amber Henrie said...

Fun - didn't realize Bek was also there visiting with Mala...I'll try to get down there. What happened to your arm?