14 March 2011

The Gift of Miami (Thanks Merrills!)

Yo! Huge shout out to my dee o double dizzoggies Adam and Cindy back in Chi Town for hooking me and Caitlin up phat with two free nights in the poshtastic Intercontinental Hotel in the one and only home of crazy skanks Miami! We spent the past weekend downtown Miami checking out the sites and sounds and taking a vacation from Fort Lauderdale. Remarkably, these two towns are extremely different from each other. The first thing we noticed about Miami is some pretty impressive and colorful architecture. It felt a lot like Chicago - clean and white...but with more splashes of color.
Not just color, but also cool design. This building was a favorite. While I didn't get a picture of the front side that had a very rad "Q-bert" style design, I did get the connector between the two buildings. Traingularific!
See what I'm saying? Circles...some yellow. All nice touches.
This apartment building has a nice way of capturing the sunny side of Miami - a huge gaping hole in its structure to reflect the sun off the building.
Not your basic columns.
Not your basic wall...I think I am making myself crystal clear here.
I also liked the mixture of old versus new, like this church sitting in the financial district of Miami. Striking old Spanish architecture amidst colorful modern lines.
So, if anything, Miami is visually attractive and interesting to look at. But is there anything fun to do? I will report on that later...but here's a clue. Yes. Yes it is. (Okay, that gives it away...but you'll still have to wait for pictures)

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Between Dexter and CSI: Miami, I would say the most fun things to do in Miami are go to a club in a sexy dress and the next day wind up dead on a golf course or in the harbor. Do you think television has skewed my perspective?

Side of Jeffrey said...

No, TV has got it right. I'm pretty sure its consistent with reality. Doesn't Cold Case validate that theory? Miami Vice? Its all consistent.

Pamsky said...

And if you do die in Miami under suspicious circumstances, the detectives will be hot and the women who work on the case will be very attractive and expose as much cleavage at work as possible, which makes sense.

Bek said...

if anyone knows how fun miami is, it's me. if you want me to guest write that post for you, just come out and ask.