09 November 2010

Ann Arbor is Ann Awesome Place

First, I gotz to let you know that went to Ann Arbor to take part in a hospital immersion program through my work. This involved me shadowing nurses all over, from the critical care unit to surgery to cancer clinics. It was great to finally see my company's business in action and talk to some of our customers.

It was a three day program, so Caitlin and max came and stayed in the hotel with me! The first night after my day in the hospital, we went out to dinner. First we got Max ready for the cold weather.


Holy crap he is cute. I had to take more pictures.


Um, dad? When are we going to go have some fun and leave the hotel?


What? We are going to Zingerman's Famous Deli for dinner??? awesome!


Dad, I'm ready. Let's do this. Wait, let me take off my shoes.


I took this picture so we wouldn't forget what floor we parked on. Remember kids, we parked in Itchy Lot.


Downtown Ann Arbor was pretty dope. It kind of reminded me of a more wealthy Boise with a more prestigious school attached to it. U of M is a pretty amazing campus, of which I have no photos.


But I do have pictures of our dinner a Zingermans! This is a very famous deli, similar to Carnegie Deli in both size and price.


Homemade breads, cheeses, sauces, etc. Already better than Carnegie.


Caitlin got a chicken salad sandwich on a bread that can only be described as celestial. Truly from heaven. You should have seen her smile after taking a bite


I got a pastrami with Swiss and two pickles.


Yes pickle, you will be mine. My sandwich was beyond bomb.


You know what else I liked? Boylan soda on tap, with both full and diet options of black cherry and orange cream.


Max had yogurt. It's basically his favorite and he has very little interest in other spoon fed foods.


Thank you Zingermans...you proved once again that each town has at least one gem you can count on for awesome foods. We went home and swam in the hotel pool and tried to get Max to sleep. This was the only hard part of bringing the family with me. Sleep was tough, but it got a little better by the end.

Location:Your Moms Ann Arbor

2 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Listen. I'm not sure why some of the pictures dontshow up when I blog, but if you click on them the picture will come up. Darn you blogspot!!!

Michelle said...

Your pickles were crazy huge and the one was super green! Your post made me hungry.