30 September 2010

All Work No Play? Yeah Right.

Friday, our first full day in NYC, was a mixture of work and play. In order to extend our time there I booked a few sales visits in manhattan with one of our sales reps...plus it was good for me to get some customer face time. Can I just say that hospital pharmacies are one of the grossest, dingiest, strange places I've ever been? You'd think a place that potentially could create patient infections would be a little nicer. Wrong.


After work adventures I met Caitlin and Jenna our friend from evanston in the soho area. I used to live in little Italy, and I hated this festival during that time. It's the San Genero festival or something. Basically it's an infestation of crowds and cheap crap. It made getting home each day hell. Yep, still crowded.


Cheap crap....see what I'm saying? Big chair photo? Does that really require an enterprise?


Still, it brought back some memories. Feel me Craigy?


Instead of wasting money on that crap, we bought Rice to Riches instead! Gwen and Max got to bond on this trip.


Max also got to try rice pudding, which of course he dug in a big way. And we question why he won't eat vegetables?


This building says a lot about how NYC has changed since I've been there. New, tall and shiny buildings are popping up in areas that once were reserved for quainter, older times. Lower East side is full of them now, but even soho is immune. I'm not saying it's bad, just change in process.


We went to lots of stores, Muji included. Max got lots of attention by waving at patrons of the store. We bought him some NYC blocks and a few other enjoyable goods.


Just love him, that's all I ask.


Indian food time, hooray! We went to Basera and met some special guests for dinner.


Halesaclause!


Asian A (or 1) and soon to be spouse Ryan! I miss these crazy kids all the time. Oh the crazy things we went through together, and yet our friendship extends beyond war stories.


Honestly, they just came to hold and love the boy....which they did.


I was actually a little worried that Asian A would kidnap Max. She has baby fever in a big way, especially for Mormon babies. She's obsessed with them.


Here is the torture of visiting...you only get a little time with so many people. I would love to just hang with these guys for days. But I relish all the time I can get.

After dinner we went and got a pack n play. For some reason I can't sleep with max in my bed. I get anxious or something. That nights rest was much more fruitful.

No comments: