24 September 2010

Best Fake Parents Ever!!!

When we got back from Hawaii we decided we had had too much vacation. We needed a dose of real life - enough of this ridiculously posh life we had been living with just one excellent baby. We decided to take on the challenge of having four kids at once for five days. When I told my 16 year old friend Mitchell we were doing this, his words were: "unwise...taking care of four kids is dicey."

Despite his advice, we took care of Supergirl, Superboy 1 and Superboy 2 while their parents were in Oregon. We immediately learned that the best way to earn a Child's love is to just buy it. We did this through Chucky Cheese!


Supergirl strikes a pose in preparation. She chose this outfit specifically for this night of fun. I think it puts out the right vibe for a night on the CC runway.


Are they excited. Yes.


Superboy 1 went straight to the work of getting tickets. He was on a mission. One of the first things he said to Caitlin when we arrived a few days earlier was "Did you know I think about money all the time?"


He found this game to be to his liking.


Oh guess what everyone! Their pizza has drastically improved since my last trip to CC in like 2007 (um, don't ask). Go try it!


Kid tested, Caitlin approved.


Supergirl was all about the experience games, liking riding a horse or running in the gerbil wheel.


Some games are meant to be experienced with a friend - like squirting water I'm something's mouth.


Superboy 2 rode this helicopter thing like 8 times. He's two, don't judge.


Did Max like watching him on the helicopter?


Yes, yes he did.


Superboy 2 in the gigantic kids maze.


Supergirl posing from above.


I quickly realized that we were powerless to get these kids out. How do you get three kids out of a maze that adults can't fit in? There is still no answer to this question. Enlighten me people.


We digit with the promise of a merry-go-round ride and ice cream at McDonald's. It worked.

Here is what I learned. All you people with four kids (aka my parents) are freaking nuts...but I applaud you. I needed a four month vacation to Hawaii after that. But at the same time I had a blast and laughed a lot. I guess it's just something you work into...not dive into all at once. Oh, I also learned that Chucky Cheese is the cheapest thrill ever. It was like 30 bucks to entertain and feed six people for like four hours. Impressive.

3 comments:

Beckie said...

they are such fun kids to hang with too! And you two and Max would be fun to hang out with! I am thinking I might send my kids on vacation with your little family!!!

Heather said...

You two are brave souls. How does Rochelle make it all look so effortless? Also, how did we miss out on dropping Ella off for a weekend?

Mostess Mommy said...

Woooohooo! We watched the superkids one time with our one and me being preggo, it was crazy! Funny enough, we ended up at Chuch de Fromage as well! Great minds think alike, I guess!