03 March 2010

Long Worthwhile Trip

Why is Max so freakin' tired? Probably because we got him up at 4am and drove him from Chicago to Minneapolis for seven hours. He slept nearly the entire way due to all the amazing vibrations in the car and great tunes. When he awoke - we were in Don and Liz's HOUSE!!!
Don proudly showed me his new appliances in his kitchen. Man, they are so legit. They own a house AND appliances. So far from my fake rental life.
He and Liz spent like 2 weeks slaving over their kitchen tile floor. They did it themselves (wow!) and it looked great...but they were in pain as a result.
Don quickly assumed his duties as Unky Julio and spent some time smurfing Max.
I honestly am not sure why I didn't get any other pictures from Friday night because we had a great time eating at the Malt Shoppe and hanging out, but my real picture taking started Saturday morning at this bakery by their house. FRIED DONUTS???Um, yes I will. Okay, before you all start to judge me because I am on a diet - just remember I am human. We tried to remain strong on this trip, but it was nearly impossible. Part of knowing Minneapolis is knowing its delicious food products. More to come.
So good. I love you Wuollet Bakery.
Then I took a picture of this street - because it was the line to exit to the Mall of America! Wow.
The MOA has four gigantic floors that surround an indoor theme park. We perused the list of stores and got excited about a few.
But we got sidetracked when we found 25 cent candy machines that had nearly every small candy imaginable. We each selected a machine with a shiny quarter provided by Don.
We found a game and hobby store. All these Frisbees have the sole purpose of being used for Frisbee golf. Did you know Frisbee golf is like regular golf in the fact that you have many different Frisbees that serve as different clubs? Like, there is a putter Frisbee and a driver Frisbee and an iron. I'm not kidding. Some people carry like 12 Frisbees when they play. Intense man. Minneapolis has like 8 courses, one that is plowed all winter long!
Max was very patient, even though we weren't buying him squat. This was all about the parents!
We made a quick stop at Taco Bell so we could tide ourselves over until dinner. Don't judge again...I got a been burrito and a diet soda. Nothing crazy. Haven't you seen on TV that Tbell is diet food?
Then we went to the theme park! We decided to ride the Sponge Bob Roller coaster because it goes straight down at 90 degrees.
See, I'm not kidding.
The verdict? Mind blowingly rad for 40 seconds. Great view from the top as well as you are sitting up in the rafters before plunging to the ground.
Yes, the MOA is indeed a crazy cool place of serious capitalism. Caitlin got new shoes and I got some earphones for running and an iPod cover. I drooled all over some DJ equipment at Best Buy...but that will have to be for another day.
Seriously...there are like 5 roller coasters in this mall.
On the way to dinner we stopped at Ikea for some quick stuff for their house. I like this photo because the setting sun cast a nice color on the building.
Liz and Don made us try this new dessert at Ikea that we hadn't seen. I'm still not sure what the crap it was, but it was tasty.
Mmmm. Thanks. I love how Caitlin is picking chunks that fell out of my mouth on to Max of his face. Poor kid.
Looks kind of like a tennis ball, but more tasty.
Don practiced this neat trick with my camera where you zoom while you are taking the picture. This was a pretty good one of Max. Whoooooooooooooa MAXXXXXXX! Then we headed to dinner, which I will report on later but was amazing. Let's just say it involved me eating my first Juicy Lucy. Need I say more?

4 comments:

Liz Jessop Wortley said...

Jeff, I think your tag of "I farted at Don's house" is incorrect. It was more like "I demolished Don's house through multiple farts and no one could breath."

Jay and Kay said...

You guys are always on the go! So jealous your little guy lets you keep your busy lifestyle. I would give anything for a quiet ride in the car:) Loved the post of all the smiles... he is adorable!

Heather said...

So fun! We miss the Wortley's!

nensaburger said...

I wasn't a big fan of the Princess Pie which was the dessert crap that you tried a Ikea