30 March 2010

Lest We Forget

Lettuce not forget that this blog is strongly tied to food. Delicious food. Our consumption of mass quantities of food - often at restaurants. If you think Max has been a barrier to eating out...you are wrong.See? His favorite place to nap is at a restaurant. So when he gets tired, we go out to eat. It works like a charm. Recently we went with his buddy Tate to an Ethiopian restaurant. It was delicious, but not overly so.
Matt and Alissa were there to enjoy with us. The great thing about Ethiopian is that you just have to love the bread and using your hands. Oh, and sharing. Sharing makes me smile!
See the joy as we share? Scrumptious.
Another great miracle of food in our life is Caitlin's recent receiving of Rick Bayless's cook book for Mexican food from our friend Rochelle. I don't necessarily know much about Rick, but I love his restaurant XOCO - so I was intrigued. Caitlin cooked these absolutely amazing enchiladas from the book and they blew my mind. They make those chicken enchiladas that girls used to make you on Sundays at BYU seem like piles of dump in comparison.
Seriously, how good do those look? Yeah, well...the taste as good as they look. You rule Rochelle!!!

3 comments:

nensaburger said...

I hate sharing

Sparklebot said...

I think I made you enchiladas once or twice.

Rude.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Said enchiladas were appreciated. I'm just imagining what would happen if they handed out this cookbook for free at BYU! Marriagees may have occurred spontaneously on site upon consumption.

And lets not forget that you introduced me to pesto - for which you will be forever blessed and praised.