13 November 2009

Putting the Ween in Halloween

Halloween finally came! I am the only one I know who has an advent calendar for Halloween. I just love that little holiday so much. See the little candy corn you get to put in each little slot? I love it.
Super friend Trace Face came to Chicago to celebrate this hallowed of all holidays with us. We spent Halloween morning doing requisite Chicago discovering. Here is the bean photo that is synonymous with Chicago visiting.
I thought about buying this dinosaur for Baby Pops...but then I realized it was not for sale. So then I thought about stealing it for him...until I realized how freakin' big it was. I left it where it was.
After our exploring we went to XOCO so I could have more goodness. This is a picture of Trace Face enjoying what is the most important meal in her life - guacamole with chips. She literally lives these two items. She bleeds green with chunks of tomato and lime. Also, there might be some Coke mixed in her veins as well.
I bleed this sandwich. It made me cry for happiness and contemplate the meaning of life.
See? I am not kidding.
We spend a few minutes staring up at the corn cobs and screaming WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOA! The clouds were moving by so fast it made it feel like the building was tipping over. Yeah, we shamed ourselves.
We discovered that Chicago has its own holiday - CHICAGOWEEN!
My favorite part about Chicagoween is that they make the fountains bleed. Radical.
Just so you know, Trace Face does not smoke weed. No sir.
How adorable are these two best friends? Pretty much precious. Yes indeedems.
This might be the best belly shot we got at this point. See how cute it is poking out of her jacket? She can't close her coats right now, which is kind of a pain with the pending cold weather.
Hooray for Washington state! We had a great time that day with Trace Face. She had tried to come a month previous, but weather cancelled her flight and she spent the evening in La Guardia. She BARELY made it this time due to weather as well, so we were so glad to have her. A future post will detail our sweet Halloween party with Tracy that night and surprise guest - Ellie Marble!

3 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Where did you get that Halloween advent calendar. I want one!

nensaburger said...

I ditto Sparklebot. I am inquiring as well!

Side of Caitlin said...

Hey Sparklebot and Nensaburger- I found the Halloween Advent Calendar at a store called "Home Goods." I knew Jeff would love it so I bought it for him for his birthday this year :)