15 November 2009

Caitlin is Birthday Mania Fantastico!

Caitlin's Birthday! Caitlin's Birthday! Yes it IS (was)! Hooray for festivizing your birthing day! You were born and I'm so glad - the thought of you not being around makes me mad (and sad, not glad cause I'd miss you more than a tad)! Let us all celebrate you and the 29 years you have made earth less lame and more radicalicious!

In order to celebrate, I had Don, Liz and Chunqing come decorate our car in the middle of the night so that I could surprise Caitlin in the morning on the way to they gym (yes, Caitlin goes to the gym on Saturdays at 8am - even on her birthday and 8 months pregnant). Bajjoons inside!
Scary cabbage patch doll cut-outs on the car seat to scare people from messing with Yari.
Sticky note smiley face on the back.
M for Mulcock and heart on the sides with ribbon and more cabbage patch evilness on the dash. Yari, you are lookin' good!
And inside? PRESENTS and CARDS!!! Caitlin was super surprised and happy to see that I was not taking her birthday lightly this year. In fact, I was taking it heavily.
In order to get heavy, I took her down to Wicker Park/Bucktown to get loaded up on some delicious brunch products. But first we took a picture of this boa covered bike with skeleton seat and bell. Awesome!
Our breakfast adventures took us to the Bongo Room. I had been well advised by food experts such as Briggie and Jelly to go to this place and find happiness. Luckily there was only a 35 minute wait, so we quickly enjoyed Milwaukee and its fun shops before heading in to get chunky.
You think I'm kidding about chunky...but that is just my meal people...not to share. I really wasn't sure if I was ready for this.
French toast with white chocolate and caramel drizzle, not to mention pears, cherries, oatmeal crumbles and cinnamon. Uh, what?
Eggs Benedict with red peppers, feta cheese and spinach with roasted red potatoes. This is my description: warm yolky protein goo oozing all over fresh vegetables with cream of heaven juice in my mouth.
Caitlin (aka, hottest pregnant chick ever) got the black bean and sweet potato puree breakfast burrito and a white chocolate/caramel drizzle pumpkin and zucchini based pancake. Don't try that shiz at home. That took like 9 hours to consume and be able to walk again.
Other aspects of the day involved shopping and finding a great gift for Beefsquee that you'll hear about someday, driving, getting some practicals at the mall, taking a massive nap, long walks and bike rides. We ended up going to the new restaurant in Evanston called The Cellar which was freakin' awesome. To all my Evanstonians - check it out. Affordable, awesome, great vibe, super killer service. We ate the following:
1. Fish tacos with mahi mahi, guacamole and fresh sweet corn and black bean salad
2. Empanadas: poblano pepper, Oaxaca cheese, fresh corn and avocado-tomatillo salsa
3. Smoked salmon flat bread with goat cheese, spinach, pesto sauce and onions
4. Black Angus micro burger with think cut french fries (this was awesome and obviously just for me)
5. Haricots verts, which were awesome
6. Lemon-lime cheesecake (on the house!)
All for a ridiculously low price considering how much food we ate. There is a 100% chance we will return.
When we got home Heather showed up to drop off some jelly bellies and precious bajjoons! After that, Don and Liz came over to bring a birthday cake by and open presents.
Getting Don all that cake-making stuff for his birthday totally paid off I'd say.Liz and Don got Caitlin a stylish Udder Cover! If you aren't familiar with the Udder Cover, look at the personalized description below:
No one wants Caitlin breastfeeding our baby in church when he is three...but it happens.
Trace Face got Caitlin an awesome dress that fits perfectly (whereas I try to buy something and can't ever get it to fit). That is mad skillz.
Judes got Caitlin trail mix that looked amazing, eye liner that OPRAH LOVES (now that is a stamp of approval) and some dinero. Who doesn't love dinero? Caitlin better not try to buy groceries with that cash though...no sir. She must buy something fun with it.
More awesome gifts. I got Caitlin 5 intermediate sewing lessons so she can learn how to sew clothes. This has been a long-standing goal for her and now it will come true. Pam got her some maternity shirts and money for fabric at the fabric store for her sewing adventures.
I also got Caitlin this awesome box that contains a beautiful journal and holder for documenting and capturing our baby's first year of life. We can do creepy stuff like save his umbilical chord in there (j/k y'all) and put pictures and memories. Extra adorable.

I love Caitlin and wish I could have done more to make sure she knows how much she rules the world. Thanks to everyone who wished her a great day and showed the love. She loves you all.

8 comments:

Jonathan and Carley said...

Happy Birthday Caitlin! Looks like you had an awesome day (Good job Jeff!) and that breakfast looked AMAZING. It might be worth a trip to Chicago to eat food like that and to see both of you and my new nephew of course! Love you both! Happy Birthday!

Pamsky said...

Love the pictures! I am glad the second set of shirts fit. I love decorated cars for birthdays :)

Heather said...

Wow!!! Yari looks awesome! I just love your wife and I am missing the Wortley's already...

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Happy Birthday Caitlin! I only wish I could have come over to see you! As soon as I am feeling better we will come see you!

Your birthday food looks delicious! Jeff is so good to you! Your baby is almost here! We can't wait!

Sparklebot said...

Happy Birthday, Caitlin! Wish we could be there to celebrate. You have such an exciting month ahead!

Bek said...

i love this birfday girl.

Tamara said...

We wished that we were there to celebrate but it looks like you felt tonz of love:) Love you guys.

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Cait!!!