20 July 2009

Let Your Fast Begin Now

I come to you all with terrible, terrible news. If you'd rather just find out the right way, click on the video below. If not, let me just tell you. MCA of the Beastie Boys has cancer. I received an email from MCA this morning alerting me to the attached video. Subsequently, all shows for the summer and fall are cancelled.



Anyone who knows me knows that I am a ridiculous fan of the Beastie Boys. Since my youth I have wanted to see them in concert, and I finally had tickets in Chicago on Aug 6th and in Los Angeles in September. They were going to release their new album during my birthday week this year. Then cancer struck. So the shows are cancelled and the album delayed. But none of that matters. All that matters is that MCA's voice (and life) is okay and they can return to the stage next year. I will be waiting, hopefully with tickets and the new CD memorized. I will begin my fast for MCA tomorrow. Do you think it inappropriate to request a ward fast? If so, how about an online request?

I am deeply troubled right now. I need your support.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Are you going to L.A. in September? So are we. Of course, since we all live 5 blocks apart, we probably could hang out here.

j said...

Sad. They've always been on my dream list to see live. They played a show in Utah the month after I entered the MTC. :(

Side of Jeffrey said...

J - did you enter the MTC in December 1997? They played SLC the day I entered the MTC (or maybe the day I left the MTC) and they also played right before I got back 2 years later. CURSES! They also played NYC the week of my sister's wedding. DOUBLE CURSES!

Pamsky said...

All I can say Jeffie is "Be strong, be strong". MCA would want you to be!