23 March 2009

Spicy Saturday

Saturday was our second closest glimpse of freedom from the winter. I am not exactly sure how warm it was, but it was enough for Caitlin and I to get on our bikes and ride a few miles down to Central where we could walk around and enjoy the weather.Central has massive amounts of cuteness within a 3 block radius - some of that cuteness involved us.Caitlin poses in front of the Spice House where we spent much of our time trying spices and imagining delicious foods that could be cooked with each one.Caitlin was really excited about anise seeds, but I wasn't....at least until she explained that anise is not pronounced "anus".
Seriously, hundreds and hundreds of traditional and original spice concoctions. We tried at least 20-30 different spices before deciding on Sweet Maple Ginger and Bridgeport. Both will rock our meats and veggies.

Then we walked around until we ended up at Great Harvest Bread and bought some scones and a white chocolate blueberry crumble. Both were consumed in the park until we fell asleep for about a 1/2 hour in the grass. I think I am going to enjoy the spring here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to go and visit this Spice House. I love me some spices and I am curious what golden flavors I will discover

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Oh how I love the cuteness on Central! That great harvest is one of a kind! I want a scone NOW! We will have to check out the Spice store.