04 March 2009

One Day To Live It Large

Our weekend started out with a guest visit from a very special super person - Brady. Brady lives in Singapore (which is not a city or county of any state in the USA - its an entire COUNTRY!) with Caitlin's sister and their children. Last time I checked, Singapore is butt-far away from Illinois. So when he realized he was going to be flying out of Chicago, he made sure to spend the night with US! We celebrated his existence in our lives by going to Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder on Clark Street. Don't be fooled - they don't serve pizza here. They serve pot pies that are filled with pizza type goodness. Cheese, meats, pizza sauce - all in a gigantic pot pie for $10. Amazing. It was a great restaurant and in a very cool location. The Valentines Day Massacre occurred right across the street!
Later we went to Red Mango and Brady told us about how someone he knows started Red Mango in Korea. Did you know Red Mango existed before Pinkberry? I did not - I assumed the opposite. Apparently, one of the Red Mango people wanted to expand to the US and the others didn't, so they changed the name and took the formula to Los Angeles and started Pinkberry. Crazy, right? Brady has mad connections in Asia it would seem.
Later - ticket to ride. Then bed time...we are all lame, okay?
Brady may seem depressed in this picture, but really he is just cold. Apparently Singapore doesn't have 18 degree days with wind. Weird.After Brady left, we went to LAS VEGAS! Okay, we didn't. We actually went to listen to a time share presentation in order to get a free flight and cruise in the Caribbean. I know, I know...they are all a scam. But look where you can go with your time share:
New England!Hawaii - I'm in ecstasy!Even Australia! Okay, they don't have time shares there...but they had a poster of it. We were able to escape their greedy claws in only 1 1/2 hours and walked away with our trip. Now we just have to go through the 20 hoops to claim our prize. Where most people give up and stop trying, we will succeed and claim the prize! Just you wait.For dinner we went to Flat Top. Flat Top is like a Mongolian BBQ - but with more sauces, more meats, and more choices. Also - it is BUFFET!This was my first plate - I included peanut sauce and coconut curry together to create a masterful concoction of joy!The crew joined us for the goodness. Don't worry - Jason wasn't rockin' stag. Lauren was there, but did not jump into frame when requested. Its cool though, Jason can rock it portrait style when necessary.
Then I went and played some Halo 3 while Caitlin talked to women about babies, naming babies, raising babies, and other girl stuff. I shot people in a dark room. A nice ending to a wicked good day. OH - and I forgot! I had a 64oz Mountain Dew! Man, Saturday treated me right.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Hey, why was Caitlin talking about babies? Hmmm? You can't tell, but my voice has an insinuating tone.

Side of Jeffrey said...

I only insinuate that women like to talk about babies when the men are playing Halo 3. I imply nothing else with said statement.

Side of Caitlin said...

We were talking babies because two of the five women I was with are pregnant with their first kiddo. Plus I'm obsessed with thinking about names of our future children. You should ask Jeff about his new amazing name for a future son. Almost as good as his other names- Wooster and Buhl.

SweetAbbs said...

He knows Buhl is a city in Idaho right? lol

Side of Jeffrey said...

Sweetabbs...do I ever! It was the inspiration! But it is pronounced Boool when referring to my future son.