02 August 2011

Youth Lagoon Represent!

I haven't been this excited about an album release in quite a while. Okay, I was pretty excited about James Blake's album well in advance to its release - but I find myself excited all over again! This time it is by Youth Lagoon's upcoming album "The Year of Hibernation" out on September 27th.

Youth Lagoon is a young dude from Boise, so obviously some of the excitement comes from rooting for a home grown musician. But the music is where most of my excitement comes from. I strongly recommend you download his free release of two tracks from the new album called July and Cannons HERE. You can also read favorable interviews all over the internet and blogosphere, but here is one by Pitchfork.

I love the space and builds of these two songs. Youth Lagoon, you do me and all of Boise proud.

No comments: