09 August 2011

Four Years Could Fill A Book's Worth

Yep. Thursday was Caitlin and my 4th anniversary. I can't believe it has only been four years since we tied the knot. I feel like I have lived my whole life with Caitlin by my side - but I guess there was a time where we were not together.Obviously some presents were in order. I decided to get all "art project" on my wrapping. So I got all these colored balls and glued them on the paper wrapping. I figure that was a lot more fun than some boring wrapping paper that costs $5. It ended up being an explosion of fuzz with a misshapen "I Heart U" on it. But hey, I had fun with it.You know who else immediately had fun with the packaging of this gift? You guessed it! Mittoo. He BEGGED to get his hands on it the second I brought it out. In no time he was ripping all the balls of and throwing them around. He is probably still in my room throwing those balls as I type this two days later.


I got Caitlin a Kindle. Ho hum, right? I mean, buying a Kindle these days is like buying lunch - or so I've heard. Well, if you look closer at her Kindle, you'll notice that she already has a book uploaded by JayMoobian. I contracted JayMoobian to write Caitlin's an amazing 35 page story about us. He did an amazing job. She laughed, she cried...the works. Success!


(If you are slow...Jaymoobian is me)You already know what I got - my new Nikon! I promise new Nikon D90...I will not ruin you like the last one. I won't let you get wet, especially with salt water and I will never let Max touch you or keep you in low areas where you can be man handled by the child. Those are the new rules.


After some gift giving we headed out to dinner. I just learned that some couples take turns planning their anniversary night out. Not so here - I plan activities for the evening. I chose to drive Caitlin up to West Palm Beach to hit a vegan restaurant called Darbster. Reviews were solid...so we ventured north.Can I just say that both vegan experiences I have had were unreal delicious. Even the vegan raw meals I have had were exceptionally tasty. Darbster was the best so far. Above - Avocado Gazpacho with sprouts and miso. So good.Our only "raw" dish of the night - Tostadas. This was a walnut pate wrapped in lettuce and served with cashew "cheese" and homemade guacamole and pico de gallo. Guys, I was so mad when this was over. I wanted more and more. Caitlin and I fought with our fingers to lick up the last bit of cashew cheese. Best dish of the night.Palm Cakes. These are their vegan spin on crab cakes - instead made with hearts of palm and lemon pine nut sauce. Very inventive. The palms felt and almost tasted like crab, and the sauce was scrumpdiddly. No wonder it is a house specialty.Entrees: This was a special of the night, so I don't have exact details on what is in here...but basically it is a chicken marsala. But obviously not chicken...instead gardein with portabello mushrooms over season polenta cakes. The sauce was rad...but the mushrooms made the meal here. Very wise choice on our part. Finally, pizza. We got sucked in by the goat cheese, shitaki and portabello mushrooms. When we got it, we realized that a vegan restaurant wouldn't serve real goat cheese, so it was a goat cheese imitation. Our initial disappointment turned to delight - this pizza rocked. The crust was doughy and full of grain. All around delicious and we took a lot of it home for lunch the following day. We had basically stuffed ourselves with healthiness.The location? Initially it seemed like this was in the heart of "South Side West Palm" which is about as ghetto as WPB can get. But it was right on the water and ambiance was great. Caitlin, of course, looked ridiculously gorgeous and I couldn't really concentrate on much besides her hotness.Me? Not so good looking...but I try to rock what I got.


Anniversary was amazing, dinner was amazing, gifts were amazing. I might claim that this was one of the best anniversaries I've ever had! (Okay, we've only had four...so that means they were all amazing). There is no doubt that I love my wife and our life.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Maybe that's the restaurant Tyler and I will go to when I win this health contest. Looks like we could spend our $50 there.

nensaburger said...

these pictures still make me bitter about the time you visited me and took NO pictures of the food.