08 April 2011

Oh balls! The Horror!

You may not know this, but I think about horror movies about 40% of each day's 24 hours. Given that I sleep 8 hours a day, that means I'm thinking about horror movie concepts about 7 hours a day.


That said, I came up with an amazing concept as inspired by a recent picture I saw and a conversation with bro-in-law JayCrazay (okay, Jeff). Here is the concept: The film is based around a kids play land. You know the kind - I think the one in Boise was called the Fun Zone. It has all the gym stuff and tunnels and, of course, huge plastic ball cage. Years ago a child suffocated in the plastic ball cage because the teenage workers were too busy flirting/making out with each other.


Now some time has passed and the Fun Zone has reopened. One night, one of the teenage workers invites his girlfriend to the Fun Zone after it has closed and they decide to romp in the balls (awesome). While making out they are attacked and killed by a messed up, scary-as-all-crap little kid with some sort of killing mechanism. You can imagine the artsy violence I could concoct in a sea of colorful balls. I love contrasting happy things with death.


Well, the owner covers it up because he has already invested too much money in reopening the place and can't afford to lose the money. More deaths occur until it comes down to one crazy day of death and the secret ending is revealed in an awesome showdown between a hero I have not quite figured out yet and the kid.


Sound familiar? Probably because you have seen Friday the 13th and this is nearly a exact copy of the premise. But who cares? Horror movies aren't about original plots...they are about original and awesome death scenes, skilled scare tactics, and pure fun.


Want to see the photo that inspired the movie?

I originally thought Max should star as the evil kid...but I think he might make a better victim. I mean - look at the horror! (also, how awesome is it that he is screaming his brains out...but strategically holding onto two green balls?). I think the killer baby should be the scary baby hiding under the balls in the background that you probably missed. Look again, closer.


All I need is someone to bankroll this. Who is in?

4 comments:

Brittany said...

That pic is hilarious. Man, I love that little kid and yes he would make a much better victim than the crazy killer. I just don't think such a little sweetheart could play the part.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

That picture looks like she attacked Max when no one was looking. She is back to hiding out, waiting for her next victim. Max looks terrified and Gwen looks like she is up to NO GOOD! Love that picture. That was a fun day! :)

Bek said...

this made my life.

nensaburger said...

i hate you for even posting about this. The nightmares will never end now.