14 February 2011

Luckily, I Am An Idiot

You may not know this, but I am just not that bright. I have the uncanny ability to always choose restaurants that are closed down or temporarily closed. While living in New York, I tracked people all over the city only to find out that a restaurant had shut down or was closed that day or just not open on such and such days. It beca,e so commonplace that Stephen started making me call restaurants in advance to confirm they were open. This was actually good advice because it saved us a few times.

While Judes was here we decided we wanted Indian food. I found a decently priced and rated Indian joint in Sunrise, about 20 minutes away. Due to traffic, it ended up taking closer to an hour. When we finally got there, yep...you guessed it. closed down. Oh geez. I was pissed and again looked like a fool.

But the story has a happy ending. Driving home, dejected, Caitlin spotted a sign in a shopping mall for an Indian joint and quickly turned around. It was a northern Indian vegetarian joint. We figured we had nothing to lose. Here is what we got:



The biggest blown up ball of bread you have ever seen! This place was pretty darn good and our night was saved!!! Hooray for luck and caitlin's keen eye!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Why is that naan bread a huge ball? I don't get it and I think I'd be a little scared to eat it. Like Naan bread on steroids or something... We want some good Indian food. PLease take us next time.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Will do. Actually - this isn't naan...it was something else. I think I liked it more.