20 July 2010

Max and I go to Idaho!

While Jeff was working hard for the money, Max and I decided to take a vacation and head to Idaho! Max and I missed Jeff terribly, but we wouldn't let that stop us from having a good time. First we flew into Boise where GramPamsky picked us up. Grampamsky is very in tune to her daughter-in-law's needs and therefore she took us straight to Costa Vida (Boise's version of Cafe Rio.) We would spend the next 24 hours with the Mulcocks. We had a fabulous time and Max felt very adored and loved as evidenced in the pictures below.
Notice Papa D's awesome t-shirt- "Mi nombre es Papa D"
We woke up Unky Mike so that he could play with Max before we were on to the next adventure.

As you can tell, Max and Unky Mike got along very well! We went to lunch with fam Mulcock and then we were off to go with fam Winmill.
Hooray! Max finally meets a few of his Singapore cousins and see his Idaho cousins and Grandma! There were many reasons for this trip to Idaho and one of those reasons was to see my sister and her family. My sister Kristen and her family have been living in Singapore for almost five years and we only get to see them once a year if we are lucky. At this time, we would only see Claire, Eliza, and Ben as Kristen, Brady and my new nephew Will were in Africa.

Another reason for the trip to Idaho was to attend my family reunion outside of Hagerman, Idaho. Growing up, we would go camping a dozen times a year with all my cousins and aunts so I was excited to see my family who I haven't seen in years! These are the cousins that I grew up with: Jared, Brandon, Eric,and Shelby. It was fun to finally meet their spouses and children.

This reunion was extra special because we were also celebrating my grandparent's 70th wedding anniversary and 90th birthdays.

This is our family tree. Each color represents the family of each of their 8 children. My family are the green leaves.
Some fun photos of my grandparents.

After spending a fun weekend camping, we were ready to go to Pocatello to get showered and then get ready for our next adventure. While I was in Pocatello, I was able to see some of my favorite people. This is Whitney with her son Zen and Max. Whitney was my best friend growing up and it was so fun to see her. We also got to see some of my other dear friends: Juls, Kirst, Pam, Spence, Hailey and meet their spouses and kids.

After spending a day in Pocatello, it was time to head to Victor, Idaho where my sister and parents just purchased a summer home. Kristen, Brady, and Will would meet us there. Here we are at the Victor 4th of July parade. Siblings!! It is a rare occasion when we are all together as Jeff lives in DC, Carley in Boise, and Kristen in Singapore and soon to be moving to South Africa.
This is the pond just outside of the summer house. We had to get some pics of the cousins.

Papa and Nana with all their grand kids. Lydia is stoked about this picture as you can tell.

After spending almost a week in Victor, it was time to go back to Chicago. We had a fabulous time but we were ready to go back to Daddy. Thanks again family for such a wonderful time!


We love you guys and can't wait to see you in Hawaii in August!

2 comments:

Jamila said...

Hawaii in August? Who are you people, anyway, the Rockafellers? Well, Max is tres cute and I loved the family photos even if I basically knew no one. Good to be updated on Mulcock family happenings. LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Dude, the "pink" family is kickin' your family's butt in terms of quantity.

Claire looks so grown up in that picture!

Mike, why are you so greasy?