30 September 2009

Re-evaluating Naughtiness

Well everyone, I can't say that we have been the best bloggers on the planet these last two weeks or so. One reason for me not blogging (beyond business) is that I have been contemplating the direction that I would like this blog to go. As you know, Baby Pops is on his way and there is the incredible temptation to make this blog an outlet for showing off how awesome he is, or at least as awesome as I assume he will be. But is that what this blog is all about? Can I get that with a side of Mulcock was meant to encompass our seeking of adventures and our own way of living life. It was meant to highlight our passions. It was meant to show you why you should be our friends.

While Baby Pops certainly fits in those categories, I think I would like to see if we can take this blog in a direction that continues to show how he is a part of that - not the focus. But I'm still thinking about it.

I neat side-story to this is that Caitlin found a sheet of paper yesterday that has all the ideas we had for the name of this very blog! Additionally, Caitlin had included a large list of words that I was not allowed to say on here (apart from the obvious cursing):

- Ween
- Nip
- Biotch or Biatch
- Any words for male or female genitalia
- Hump or humping
- No references to male or female private anatomy

I am happy to say that I have successfully broken those rules time and time again for the benefit of our readers. Aren't you glad? Strangly, Caitlin still loves me. She's good.

5 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Can you say blow j?

it's not on the list!

I think, as long as your blog isn't "look how cute my baby is" all the time, it will be fine. I faced this same issue. I don't think my blog has severely suffered.

Side of Caitlin said...

What I love most is what you labeled this post!

Nicole said...

I am having the same problem, but in reverse order -- like I have the kids already and they basically consume my life, but I don't just want to brag about my kids all the time. Because sometimes they suck.

Let me know when you figure out how to strike a balance, because clearly, I have not.

Jana said...

Right now my blog is all about how awesome I am and how amazing of a cook I am...and then other times it's bragging about my kids, so as long as your bragging in some way- I think your blog is a success.

Jana said...

^ "you're" bragging not your