04 October 2009

Make Space for Space Burgers

So - I am finally reporting on our trip to Idaho in September. I finished my internship on 9/11 and promptly headed home so that Caitlin and I could run to the airport. We arrived in SLC to a perfectly dry and cool evening - at which point we ran to Cafe Rio for a fix. Kernsters was nice enough to house us for the night so we could be fresh and ready for a baby shower on Caitlin's behalf. I will be reporting on the baby shower later. After the shower on Saturday, we drove up to Idaho Falls for Caitlin's cousin's wedding.
The happy couple. Tender moments were enjoyed, including an extremely nice moment when Caitlin's grandparents danced to their song. You have know idea how great of a moment this was.
We returned to Pocatello for the next few days. My focus on this trip was eating. Eating to the point of pure happiness. Meal one was focused on making sure I got a new burger experience.
We went to Tasti Treet! This place is no ordinary mom&pop grease shop. It has two very unique items:
Item #1: The Space Burger! This is a burger cooked within a special metal contraption that seals the juiciness and goodness in on all edges. Its kind of like a grilled cheese sandwich with all the burger fixin's inside. It was bodacious.
Item #2: The Boston Shake! While this does not exist in Boston, nor have I heard of it elsewhere, it exists in Pocatello. This is a full shake (in which I mixed Reeses Peanut Butter cups and chocolate) with an entire scoop of ice cream and fudge on top. You are getting multiple consistencies of deliciousness here. Um, I basically loved it.
Guess who else loves it - my peeps Lids and Abs! Lids was pounding down ice cream as fast as she could. That is a child I can love.
Abs is no stranger to dairy herself. Another important element of our trip was crafting stuffs. Halloween is upon us and crafts are an important part of that. So we made pillows and dish towels. Caitlin shows her crafty beaver ways.
I was the principal designer on our team. I think it shows in the completely dope witch hat.
Carley, Caitlin, Judes and (sort of) myself worked like mad.
These are obviously not the finished product - but you get the gist.
That night we partied hard with a picnic in the backyard. Aren't sisters precious?
We attempted to make space burgers of our own. Lynn and I investigate the complexity that is space burgering. We chose to put steak, blue cheese, pineapples, chicken, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, etc in ours. I would say that we rule.

Then the crew surprised me for my upcoming birthday with molten lava cakes!!! I love those things. I need Lynn's recipe. Oh, and Caitlin is so cute pregnant - wouldn't you agree?
The rest of my time was spent playing my heart out with Abs. In this picture I have playdoh all over my eyes. There was chasing, movie watching, rolling, screaming and all other sorts of craziness going on at all times. We had a great time in Pocatello. From there I went to Boise, which I'll report on later. Caitlin went back to be the bread winner in Chicago. Sorry love!

2 comments:

TheTaffs said...

Yay for posting a prego picture of Caitlin! Caitlin you look so cute! I was beginning to wonder if you were really pregnant since every picture of you just shows your face and your face is so not prego face:) You look GREAT! Love ya!

-Tyra

Anonymous said...

Where can a person buy a "space burger" machine to be used at home????
I have been looking for one for years. Thanks for any help.