19 May 2010

I'm obsessed...its true.

Caitlin is in Washington DC for the week and I'm all alone here in Evanston. I miss her. I miss Max. Fortunately, she has packed my nights with lots of activities because she knows I don't like to be alone. Maybe you don't know that about me? Its true...I hate to be alone. Not just "No one loves me" alone...but alone in a room with myself. Most of my family enjoys their "me-time." Me? Nope. I really hate being alone by myself. Its a mental issue. Fortunately, Caitlin likes me to be around a lot - except this week. So I'm left to find solace in my favorite things:I'm literally obsessed with Ticket to Ride online. Caitlin and I sit in our bed and play or play while she's feeding Max at night. I'm always game for another round. In fact, I just got done playing Jeff B and Caitlin a couple of rounds. Want to play me right now? Let's go.
While I'm playing I'm sipping an ice cold Mountain Dew. Its my third today. Did you know they came out with three new dews (pictured above)? My favorite by far is Typhoon. It is mind boggling good. I think its my favorite since Code Red. Wow its good. The other two are enjoyable, but I won't be sad if they go away.
But I don't drink full-flavored sodas usually during the week. Recently I have been OBSESSED with drinking a 440z soda all day. I sip it for 6-8 hours. My current drink is 75% Diet Coke mixed with 25% MD Code Red that I buy for $.99 at the Jewel Osco gas station. I only get it when I go to Round Lake, which only happens 2x a week...but still...its heaven every time.
Speaking of driving an hour to work...I have had the time to listen to some music in my commute. One of my 2010 goals was to get back to something I love - new music. I've been listening to new albums and finding some great music. For example, I love the new album Treat by Sleigh Bells. While this band is getting a ridiculous amount of press online for their album, I can't help but chime in. At first glance there is nothing really special here...just beats and catchy lyrics and some strong guitar riffs. But I find myself going back to this album every single day. It rocks. Its a cheerleader squad mixed with the guitarist for the Butthole Surfers and producer of Ministry. It just feels great. Give it a try.
LCD Soundsystem's new album just came out Tuesday...and it too is awesome. I love Dance Yourself Clean, Pow Pow and One Touch. I listened to it three times the day it came out. It helps me dance the loneliness away.
Finally, I've been obsessing over the album Big Echo by The Morning Benders. Remarkable. I love this album. The first song just kills me...I can listen to it 100 times in a row.
When not listening to music, my TV of choice is Parenthood. Yes, Modern Family is also awesome...but if I had to choose one, I choose Parenthood. Its funny, but real and has the best character development on TV. Love it.
You know what else I'm loving these days? Research and Development dudes. They are such eager beavers and so nice. I've been working with lots of R&D types these days, and its just pleasant. They just want to change the world and its so cute. You gotta love them for dreaming.

What are you obsessed with right now? Maybe we can obsess together.

3 comments:

Sparklebot said...

We also love Parenthood, on the internet, one day after it airs. That's how we roll.

I haven't tried TTR online . . . but corb started playing it after he played the real life game here with us. I may need to try it.

Scrumpestuous D said...

OK, I'll be that guy. I'm obsessed with my iPad. Also, TTR is wicked great. My handle on the site is, you guessed it, scrumpestuous. I'll throw down against anyone, anytime.

Side of Jeffrey said...

I wish I could be obsessed with an iPad. I want one terribly...but I need my laptop to explode first. Maybe I'll drop it in Lake Michigan.

Scrump, let's play sometime. I'll call you next time I'm playing.