18 May 2010

Delayed Reaction

This post is a little delayed (okay, a lot delayed). I thought I had already posted about this, but then I found it as a draft in my dashboard. So I'm giving you a late meal. A month (or two?) ago, Caitlin and I went to a pastry tasting market. Basically a bar in Logan Square had opened its space up to like 15 local pastry chefs to show their wares and hopefully pick up distribution opportunities. We went to just sample and eat them out of house and home.
Chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes, cake, cookies, bon-bons, cheesecakes, crumbles, oh MAN!
Does Caitlin like treats? Uh...do you know her?
Max came along, of course, and was a super trooper the whole day. I feel like he looks really small in this picture. I guess it was a while back.
Where's my treat?
A bar with little origami birds? Okay.
These were scrumptious. We ended up being the suckers because the tastes weren't enough...we had to buy a few things.
Then we went out walking in the hood for an hour or so. Max took a nap and kept it real.
This could really be our auto repair and glass company, based on the initials.
Along the way we found a place to feed Max and feed ourselves. There is nothing better than a Saturday where you just walk around and explore a new neighborhood and see what it has to offer you. In this case, the neighborhood offered us calories. Lots of them.

2 comments:

Jana said...

I would have preferred your delayed post had been forgotten altogether so I wouldn't be dying of jealousy right now.

Michelle said...

True dat Jana..... I want delicious treats right now!