14 January 2010

Fussy Baby? NO WAY!

Well, ladies and gentlemen. I have received a lot of advice in the last few days about being a father. Of particular noteworthiness has been the advice on how to sooth a fussy or crying baby. Now, Max is not an extremely hard baby. I certainly wouldn't say that he is colicky or anything. But he does tend to cry on and off for about 6 hours a day, and sometime does need some serious soothing. I have taken your advice, and come up with some of my own.

The below is the first of one or more Mulcock Baby Instructional Videos - this one focused on soothing sad babies. I strongly recommend you watch it for some classic Baby Max moments, as well as shameful Jaymoo dad type behavior.

It is a solid 8 minutes, but worth the time when you have it.

10 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Love the techno! starting to get sleepy his eyes are droopy. Love that phrase. You guys are having some major fun times at home! Keep up the tutorials! I learned a lot...Gwen is going to love the blow dryer. :)

Nicole said...

Where were you 7 years ago when I needed this video?

Seriously awesome.

FYI -- there is a modified "My Baby Blows" method wherein you use a box fan (preferably pointed away from baby's face). If you want to get REALLY crazy, you can also try the "My Baby Sucks" method which obviously involves turning your vacuum cleaner on.

Looking forward to more instructions on how to Mulcockify my children.

L'Wo said...

How I miss you guys!!! I would love to try the Calmizzle Manizzle on Max :) MISS YOU!!!!

Jenn said...

Jeff, you are hilarious! I wish I would have known this 8 months ago, although Josh is still pretty fussy. Can I just bring him over to your place?

Sparklebot said...

I'm glad to see that having a baby hasn't affected your sillyness levels.

Baby Max is looking super cute. You've been so lucky to have Gram Pam on deck to help out.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Nicole: My baby sucks! I love it.

LWo: We tell Max stories of his evil aunt LWo every night.

Jenn: Anytime.

Sparklebot: Gram Pam is now gone...but I don't go to work until March!

Chunqing said...

Baby Max is supper CUTE!! I want to see him sometime next week! And Caitlin looks so nice!

But if I were Max, I will probably feel dizzy when you sing the street rock:)

Beckie said...

where were you when I needed help with my fussy girls??? Guess we'll have to try this on the Gavyn.

Super cute! you are a FUN dad!!

Jillian said...

"And loved and squeezed." Awesome.

As one with no baby, I am wondering at what point in the dance do we cross the line to Shaken Baby Syndrome?

Also, I love that GramPam threw up a peace sign.

And no- I don't know you. I am just a random blog stalker. Thank Sparklebot.

Amber said...

Not working until March? That is awesome! How fun that you get to do the new baby thing together.
I should have just used a hairdryer on my little Eliza. I bought the whole white noise album on iTunes and blasted that while trying to get her to sleep. Aren't babies funny?