15 April 2009

The Xootr Marathon

Winter is on its way out. I know, I know - its freaking cold outside today. But there have been a few days recently that give us all hope. The other day Don, Liz, and myself decided to get in on some of that "unseasonably warm" days by doing some xootin'.

"What is a Xootr?" you may be asking. It is an adult scooter. Caitlin snaked one off a friend and I have been enjoying it on a frequent basis. Don saw it one day and got super jealous - so he bought himself one and then Liz. We took them down to Lincoln Park and then just started xootin'. This may not sound like a lot - but we xoot'd these suckas like 10 miles that day. Here we pose like a bunch of posers downtown.Xootin' around the bean is essential - until the police come over and tell you to stop. You might have a conversation with the cop that reminds him that "scootering" is not on the sign telling you what you can't do around the bean...but he doesn't care. He is going to make you go away.We continued on down to Soldier Field and museum campus for some solid panoramic shots. Pimp. By then we were starting to get a little tired, so we jumped on the El train and headed back to the car.First we needed food to rejuvenate our tired bodies. We stopped at Sultan's Market which had recently opened in the neighborhood. The hummus was delicious, as was my schwarma. You know what is also delicious? Aloe beverages. Liz didn't really like the solid chunks that float in the beverage, but I sure did. It was like tapioca, but more peary. Try it.

I am excited about future xootin' opportunities as the weather improves. I don't know if my thighs are excited about it, but my mind is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ALOE rocks! I love it.
The xootin' looks enjoyable as well.