30 December 2008

A Side of Brig

I know I am skipping the requisite Christmas Post and moving straight to our triumphant Chicago return, but I promise I'll go backwards and hit Christmas with vigor! The reason I want to blog about our return is that it combines joyous flights, culinary delights, and friends reunited. How could I delay this post?
First - BEST HOLIDAY FLIGHTS EVER! We had a 27 minute layover that we totally made and a massive tail wind that put us into Chicago an hour early.
Second - when we got in an hour early, Brig was there to pick us up. Remember how Brig is from Chicago? Well, we live in Evanston now. I bet you are putting 2 and 2 together, aren't you. Yes, he picked us up and we went with the family to their favorite Mexican restaurant. You may have seen Brig blog about La Fuente before.Brig in all his glory.The family in all their glory (including Grandma).The food in all ITS glory.
Us in all OUR glory.
I can now testify that Brig is fully justified in both frequenting this spot as well as blogging about it so consistently. The salsa was perfect. It had that spice that makes you say "hey, this is pretty spicy" at the first bite but then you don't worry about its spiciness after that. It also was the perfect addition to their nachos, which clearly are a favorite of the family (5 orders for 9 people, easily eaten).
I'd say the most impressive part to me about La Fuente is its consistency. Usually when you hit a Mexican restaurant, there is one or two things there that stand out. But everything was good and it's the kind of place you can get something new at each visit and be fine with that. Solid standard deliciousness here. We'll be back.If Caitlin had time to blog (going back to work is no fun), I'm sure she would agree. Look at her joy!
Bonus Plus to La Fuente: Bathrooms with dance party posters inside. I guess the place converts to a dance hall at night.

1 comment:

Brigham said...

I've been blogged!
And my face disappears into darkness and whiskers.
Hooray for the Mulcocks and Chicago connections made.
I speak for the family when I say it was a pleasure and a privilege to have you.