05 January 2012

Away In a Manger

Why is Claire bear so smiley and full of joy? Is it because its Christmas? It it because I was in town? Or was it because the Winmill's were having a huge TALENT SHOW??? These talents spread wide and far, including classic elements like beautiful violin playing. Being able to roll your stomach in and out really fast, while at the same time laughing your head off. How about singing R&B hits and doing appropriate arm waving and dancing? Let's not forget punching and ninja skills by true masters. Speaking of masters - a Master Yoga instructor shows us all how it is done. Ben dances to angelic singing from Claire in the background. This whole competition made my season merry and bright. I performed my role as the Grinch for the family. I was both mocked and applauded for my thesbianism. Finally, awards were handed out. I couldn't believe that I had won one! An honor! Hmmm, a lemon. I guess when you throw together an adhoc talent competition, then you get adhoc prizes!Pre-Christmas activity wasn't all about shows, talents and dress up. Sometimes we just kicked it live together and let the cousins have some fun. Max and will found a big box and turned it in to the best 20 minutes of their lives.Wait, where did those boys go?OH THERE THEY ARE! Peek-a-boo at its finest.I mostly did what I do best - cleaned while looking hot and irresistibly sexy in the kitchen.Papa introduced the boys to their new favorite thing in the whole world - the Nighty Night book on the iPad. Max asks for "Old McDonald Had a Farm" or "Nighty Night" (which are the same thing) every single day now.On Christmas Eve we did a reenactment of the nativity. Claire did an amazing job coming up with a script and leading us through the evening. She really is super clever.Our little shepherds occasionally got distracted by presents under the tree and an intense desire to open them.This was one grumpy angel, despite her tidings of good joy.Carols were sung and the story was told of our Savior, Jesus Christ. How can you not love children putting together a nativity story?And how could you not love a four-year-old baby Jesus? Ben insisted on playing Jesus and there was no changing it. We had a great time being his parents.Christmas even pajamas were given to prepare everyone for the excitement of the next morning. But what would Santa eat?Christmas cookies!!! Galore! Everyone gathered around to frost hundreds of cookies!Well, first we had to do one Nighty Night with Max. Man he loves that interactive book.And then we were there with the cookies. Max did more eating than frosting, I'll be honest.Which may or may not have led to the following moments of extreme craziness and explosion of energy. Max laughed his brains out trying to steal my camera away from me as I took his pictures, leading to some classy images.So cute.
Next up - Christmas day and beyond!!!

No comments: