17 October 2011

The Sun Set

I realized that I never truly gave a proper good bye to Florida. The fact is, it was truly inspiration that we were led to Florida (it really was - re-read this post). Without Florida we would never have:
Healed from our wounds in the sunniest, most enjoyable environment for becoming whole again. While I was pissed for the first four months I lived in Florida because my shoulder injury kept me from enjoying it fully, I now realize that I could not have asked for a better place to have gotten better.Taken so many pictures of this beautiful woman by the ocean, a place that I love. I have always loved the ocean (I wanted to be a marine biologist for a good portion of my youth), and living next to it for 9 months was a gift.We would never have seen Max blossom in so many ways as he stood out on our balcony. He learned so much about the world from that balcony - cars, big trucks, fire trucks, airplanes, big bikes, sun, rain, plants, wind - you name it, he saw it from that balcony. It was his own special world that he loved for the entire time we lived there.I wouldn't have gone to Ultra Music Festival with my homie Mitch. It was awesome, we had a great time, and it made me appreciate my disappearing youth. I'm so glad I am unaware of my age.We would probably have never gone on the best Mulcock family vacation ever!!!I would not have gotten to see Max's expression when he saw dolphins, whales, walrus's, and sting rays for the first time. Its as if his mind had been blown 1000x in a millisecond. I didn't think he could appreciate it at such a young age, but he did. Even today he said walrus three times. We would never have learned how to fit in in the jet setting world of South Beach. Also, I may not have worked so hard to have that body...but since I had to show it off so often, it was worth maintaining the figure.And obviously and most importantly, we would not have met such amazing friends and people we'll love and miss forever. I'm not going to post pictures of everyone, but you know who you are. And Max. Max would never have benefited as he did from knowing these boys. Wow, I think this is the main reason we had to move to Florida...so Max could meet these amazing kids. I don't think Amber and Britt really know how much we loved having Max association with such wonderful, kind, energetic and special kids. I miss watching him play with them.
Florida, we miss you.
- love, Jeff

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh man, you've got me all teary. Shocker... I know. Really though, we miss you guys a lot. I'm so glad we got to know you. I really feel like we will be forever friends. Love you. Oh and come visit soon ok?

Bek said...

I will really miss impromptu visits to see you guys out there. Guess I'll just have to make Chicago my new 2nd home.