24 December 2009

My Moment of JOY YEE'S

What in the world would we be doing with a big sewing kit?
And what in the world would we be doing with all of this fabric and felt?
We're making stuff stupid! Caitlin and Judes have been hard at work (with a little help from me...I try to be useful) at making both ornaments for our tree and some Christmas stockings.
But I found other ways to be useful. Not only did I work on a big surprise for Max that I hope to unveil within a week - but I also built this wicked awesome glider for Caitlin. And when I say "built" I mean I put it together with Ikea-like instructions.
But it turned out awesome and I practiced holding an imaginary Max in my arms while I rock him to sleep.
Caitlin gave it a test run and found it to be to her liking. Another Baby Max success!!!
The ornaments also turned out to be a big success. We made orange, blue, green and grey birds with patterned wings. They look great hanging on the tree.
Here is the tree. A stellar tree if you ask me.
The stockings have proved not to be as easy as the birds. Caitlin and Judes have labored vigorously to get them done for Christmas.
While this is not the finished product, you can see the dotted pattern we are going for. Please note that my stocking is green based and Caitlin's is red based. Our children's stockings are going to have mixes of red and green on their stockings. They are like little chromosome stockings.
But it hasn't been all work, no play around here. We have also been eating...alot. And going out and doing stuff. We went to Joy Yee's just the other night and got bubble teas. Judes loves herself some avocado tapioca freezes. Joy Yees has many drinks to choose from as you can see.
I'm not kidding. She loves that drink. She's not the only one. I also love me that drink.
Caitlin branched out from the Taro freeze and tried the pomegranate mango tapioca freeze and found it to be to her liking.
I never thought in a million years that I would be sitting at a restaurant with Caitlin just a few days before her due date. I really thought she would be on bed rest because of her bad back - but she has just been trucking along without too much pain at all. Its pretty amazing and has certainly helped the last few weeks to fly by.
My favorite part was my fortune: "You will soon have your moment of joy." YOU HEAR THAT MAX??? It says soon! Obey the fortune and get out of Caitlin's belly - stat!!! I want to hold you!

3 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Oooh. Those stockings are looking super cute!

I'm also impressed with Caitlin's out-of-bedness! Well done, lady! I'd be wallowing around, unable to move.

Jana said...

YAY! I'm so excited for Baby Max's arrival! You best be bloggin' about it soon after :) Good luck and Merry Christmas!!

smith fam said...

I am impressed with seeing Caitlin sit indian-style on the floor while sewing/crafting...does she not know there is a full size baby in there?