15 June 2009

Poppy's Papa D

One of the best parts about getting a woman pregnant is making your mom cry. It is preferable that they are crying because you have made them a grandma and not because you knocked some girl up that you picked up at a high school party. Pammy Poo is crying in this picture for the good reason, not the bad reason. I think she has wanted to be a grandma for quite a while, what do you think? Also, she wants someone she can shower her love on that won't be sarcastic and smartallicky back to her. It helped that I told her on Mother's Day in person while I was in Kentucky.For Big D's birthday we gave him a personalized t-shirt that says "Mi Nombre Es Papa D." Considering we call dad Big D, we thought it was fitting that his grandchildren call him Papa D. His t-shirt came wrapped in a sandwich style paper with a bag of chips and a receipt! He didn't give me a tip though...And this is about the lamest face I think I can make. Also, I love my t-shirt (side note). Also, what is with Pamsky's hand around my waist? It looks like it is my hand, but it is hers. This picture is just all around weird to me.
Anyway, I'm glad I got to tell them in person. I wish Caitlin could have been there to share the love so they could express their concerns and give her all that good advice that grandparents like to give...but they can do it in Mexico next week. Holla!

10 comments:

Amber said...

Congrats! I can't wait for little baby Mulcock!

Bek said...

your kid is gonna be funny.

Sparklebot said...

Congratulations Pam. You'll be a great grandma.

Caleb said...

Well technically you would still be making her a grandma even if the child were out-of-wedlock, but I think you still get your point across.

Anna said...

Nicely put...congrats!

We play that game as well in our family, the "Who Can Make Mom Cry Happy-Tears!" I don't know the score at the moment.

Pamsky said...

Thanks Ashley. I am certainly going to give it my best effort. Thanks Jeff and Caitlin. Now I can join the Grandma Club and do all of the matronly things other women of my age do to amuse themselves.

OUR LITTLE FAMILY said...

Caitlin congratulations!!! I'm so excited for the both of you!!! Keep us posted on the growing developments!

Kersten said...

Congratulations! This is fantastic news!

Roni, Coleman, Makadie and Anika said...

Caitlin--Congrats girl! I hope that you are having an easy pregnancy or at least have people there to take extra special care of you! You will be the most amazing mom!!

Jana said...

Now you won't have to borrow our kids as your grandkids anymore! :) Although we thoroughly enjoyed the borrowing of said kids.