12 May 2009

We Celebrate You Chris.

Caitlin and I went up to that terrifyingly relaxing place we like to call Lake Geneva a while back. Lest ye think that we just lay around relaxing all the time in posh places like the LG, please note that we went with a purpose...and that purpose was not sleep. It was crazy, mad celebration goals that would be accomplished this particular weekend. And accomplished they were.
Chris, we celebrate you and your birthday. We celebrate that you have aged to a ridiculous level. We celebrate the contributions you have made to the world through your PR efforts and branded wear usage. We celebrate the fact that your family owns a pimp pad up at the lake. All things celibatory really. Wait, celebratory.We celebrate that you had a ridiculously cool cake shaped like an xbox.We celebrate the GIGANTIC dinner that was had, prepared by such skilled people as your brother, your wife, and your friends. I personally celebrated a freakin' huge steak, some chicken, and salmon. I celebrated them all with veggies, corn on the cob, and root beer.I celebrate that you let us bring women, one of which was my wife. Both genders were invited to this celebration.I celebrate that Ryan gave you a bag of Depends to celebrate your aging. I celebrate that you didn't want to put them on - so you let me put a pair on. I celebrate that you all convinced me to just put them over my pants instead of letting me put them on sans pants like I wanted to.
We celebrate our tender walk through town, a really laborious game of Risk, and some Halo 1 (seriously - we played HALO 1!). We celebrated all this by giving you an snow cone maker. I celebrate you Chris...and I celebrate you good.
Also - we celebrate that tomorrow is your woman's birthday. We celebrate YOU Heather...but tomorrow (and Thursday).

2 comments:

kell-bell said...

That cake is seriously awesome, did Heather make it??

Heather said...

We are so glad you guys could come. I think the stars were aligned since that was the ONE day in two weeks that Caitlin felt okay. I love the post.